Who doesn’t love a list? So write one! Top five slices of pizza in your town, ten reasons disco will never die, the three secrets to happiness — go silly or go deep, just go list-y.
Today was the day I have been waiting for since the past couple of days. Saying this would be a lie. But it has changed my life in ways unfathomable. It was a night, where for the first time in weeks I slept (read: forced myself into sleeping) before the clock struck twelve. It was New Year’s for us and I was supposed to get up in the morning and, well, idol worship-something I don’t believe in. And then eat and eat and receive loads of gifts. Which I didn’t.
Yet, today was amazing. You ask why. I became an aunt today. And it’s New Year’s, which makes this one of the best gifts I’ve received in a long time. (No offence to those amazing chocolates and other assorted birthday gifts.) And hence, I’ve made New Year’s resolutions this year, because it is my first year as an Adult; and as an Aunt. (I’m mentally squealing, ‘I have a nephew.’)
And hence, this is a list of things I’d like to change this year:
- I’m going to condition myself to love dogs and cats: I detest animals. At least till a couple of days back, before a dog melted me with her puppy-dog eyes and pushed me to cuddle up in her spot during a sleepover. And hence, this new found un-uncomfortableness around dogs.I’m going to try and love them. Not just dogs, but also cats, cows, unicorns, you name it.
- I’m going to try and love people in general: I usually hate people and don’t trust most of them. But now on, I’m going to care about them and try to love them all.
- I would speak my mind: I usually am ruled by the Superego, but now I’ll be more impulsive and speak out my mind as I’ve learnt from what mistakes people I knew have made.
- I’ll try to remain in close touch with people who I really care about because I’ve seen that I don’t know (or remember) half the people from school, even if they were in my circles. I will try to talk to them and try not to get over-interested, no matter how jobless I am, or how much I really care (I tend to be annoying by intention; it’s a way of showing people I’m comfortable around them)
- I don’t intend to change a lot about my being a nerd. Let’s face it, I’m amazing at being one and I, by default am one and nothing I do is going to change it.
- I’ll NOT hit the bed till I’m completely drained out at least 4 out of the 7 days in a week. And I’ll write at least once in every three days.
- I’ll listen to my sister blabber, because she’s one of those people who I love the most, and truly, because no matter how much she annoys me, I just want to stop screaming at her and start laughing the next moment.
- I’m going to be happy, laugh a lot and get high on the silliest things like I have been doing since a long time now.
- I’m going to appreciate my Studwas and love them to no end because they’re amazing people and I’m not even kidding.
- I will read at least ten books before next April.
Is this too much? Probably. But no harm trying, is there?